The Gin Thing Terms & Conditions
- Bookings cannot be made by anyone under the age of 18.
- The Gin Thing will provide a personal license holder and fully trained bar staff as required by legislation during your event. The number of staff required will depend on the numbers of guests at your event.
- On your behalf we will obtain an occasional alcohol license for the event subject to there being no reason for the license to be refused by the Licensing Board. Bar opening times will be subject to approval by the relevant authorities and any restrictions placed upon the event strictly adhered to. At least 45 days in advance of any event is required to ensure the application is made within the relevant Licensing Boards timescales. The license costs £10.38 which will be charged as an extra cost.
- All correspondence will solely be between the person who made the booking and The Gin Thing.
- The Gin Thing will be the sole provider of all alcoholic beverages at the event unless previously agreed.
- Where corkage fees apply these will be added to the bill and must be paid by the client by cash or card before the event ends. An agreed corkage deposit will be required in advance of the event.
We will require:
- Access to the venue in advance of the application to the Licensing Board being made to accurately represent the location of the bar for your event.
- Access the day before the event, where possible, to ensure the bar is sited appropriately. Where this is not possible we require a minimum of 3hr access to the venue prior to the start of the event to provide and assemble the required goods and equipment. We also need sufficient time between the closing of the bar and having to vacate the venue to enable all goods and equipment to be dismantled and removed.
- For Tastings a minimum of 1hr prior to the event to set up the bar area.
Horse box hire access
The Horsebox requires a minimum of 6m x 5m to fully operate and a head height of 3m. Dependent on the event restrictions regarding consumption of alcohol in public areas we may require a space of 10m x 6m to enable a small area for drinking.
In order to bring our Horsebox to your event we need to have space for the car to be permanently parked behind the Horsebox (unless otherwise agreed before the event). We will need sufficient turning space as well as time to get the Horsebox ready. It is therefore essential that no parking restrictions apply. If we cannot park legally we will be unable to continue the event.
Please note: We will not park or unload in any area where we may be towed away, clamped, locked in or where we may be liable for penalty or commit an endorsable offence.
Here at The Gin Thing we try to be as environmentally friendly as we can be.
- For weddings and events we will use* our reusable plastic glassware or as an extra cost, hire in appropriate glassware subject to venue and license agreements, agreed before the event.
- For private tastings we will hire in appropriate glassware subject to venue and license agreements, or use our reusable plastic glassware, agreed before the event.
License restrictions prohibit the use of real glass at a public event. We will therefore use a mixture of Tritan (reusable) glasses for small public outdoor events (subject to a refundable £2 deposit per glass) and Vegware disposable tumblers for larger events.
*Please note that following COVID:19 we will be using disposable single use plastic glasses and paper straws until further notice.
- For public tastings we will use disposable shot measure glassware
Hot cups and accessories
- We use Vegware disposable hot cups and paper straws.
Deposit for generic cash bars
- A non refundable deposit of £495 is required to secure your event date. This enables us to start all the proceedings for your event and includes the hire of the Horsebox Bar and two trained members of staff.
- If you haven’t paid a deposit your event is not secured and we may take other bookings.
Generic Cash bars and tab bars
- If you book a bar with us and have 100 guests or over attending your event there will be a minimum spend of £1000* on the bar unless previously agreed otherwise. If you have under 100 guests attending your event there will be a minimum spend of £750* unless previously agreed. *payable one month before event (credit card fees will apply).
- This minimum spend will be returned to you if the minimum amount on the bar is met. If the minimum spend is not met then this will be taken from your deposit or if the deposit is not enough, you will be asked to make payment by card prior to leaving the venue.
- If more than two staff are required then this will be included in the full booking pricing.
Bespoke, Weddings and Full Bar Packages and Tastings
Our packages can be tailor made to your event. We specialise in gin and rum but can provide a welcome drink and wine, or a toast prosecco, a full bar or a full wedding day drinks package. In order to operate these at your event the following structure is required.
- At the time of booking 50% of the total cost is required.
- The remainder 50% and travel costs must be paid and cleared in our bank account 8 weeks in advance of the event taking place.
- If the event has been booked less than eight weeks before the event takes place then the full amount must be cleared in our bank account no less than 46 working days prior to the event.
Please note once an agreement on price has been agreed and the deposit or first instalment taken no alteration to the agreed price can be provided unless additional guests or drinks are required.
- We charge 60p per mile for a return journey from Kippen. Where additional journeys are required to visit the venue and leave the Horsebox in advance of an event these will be charged.
- We always encourage responsible drinking and act within the law. We reserve the right to refuse alcohol to anyone who becomes or seems to be aggressive, or drunk.
- If you or any of your party are lucky enough to look under the age of 25, please don’t be offended if we ask you for proof of age. We operate the Challenge 25 scheme at all parties and events, private or public. Please press this link below for more information: Challenge 25
Prices and measures
- All our prices are subject to change depending on availability and Minimum Alcohol pricing legislation,although once a menu is agreed for an event then no changes will be made to the pricing during that event.
- All our full spirit measures are dictated by the license we are operating under. Where possible we endeavour to operate using 35ml but this may not always be possible.
- Any complimentary and taster shots are 5ml.
- The Gin Thing has full Public Liability Insurance and Employers Liability Insurance.
In the event that The Gin Thing are unable to provide services as agreed due to circumstances outwith their control (such as transport or major weather conditions) we will not be held responsible for loss, cancellation or delay. In the event a venue has no recycling facilities and additional bottles have been purchased for clients The Gin Thing will only be responsible for removing such waste if an additional removal fee is paid. In the event that a particular drink is unavailable or The Gin Thing run out of stock for that drink we will not be held responsible for being unable to serve this. The Gin Thing will endeavour to source a suitable replacement.
If you have any questions regarding out T&C’s please email us at email@example.com